Peter Kirk has just mentioned the Kouya Chronicle as one of the blogs that make him think. Coming from Peter, a colleague for whom I have the highest regard and an excellent blogger, this compliment is most welcome. It’s now my turn to nominate five blogs which make me think. This is complicated, because two of my top choices would be Peter’s blog; Speaker of Truth, and Threads from Henry’s Web (Henry Neufeld), both of which have already been nominated. So, in no particular order, my five blogs which make me think are:
- Challenging Times (David Couchman) Good thought provoking apologetics and analysis of cultural trends.
- Real Meal Blog (Bryan Russell) I’ve quoted from Bryan’s blog so many times here it is embarrassing, but his missiological reading of the Bible is well worth following up. One of the most thought provoking writers I know.
- Cranmer I sometimes don’t agree with the positions that Cranmer takes on religious and political issues, but I never fail to be stimulated by what he writes.
- Lingamish (David Ker) Lingamish deserves a place on this list for his post “The Bible wasn’t written to you” if he’d written nothing else, I’d have included him here. But there is lots of other thought provoking things on his site.
- Tall Skinny Kiwi (Andrew Jones) A number of bloggers and writers have forced me to rethink what it means to be church in our culture. TSK is one of the main people who upsets my status quo and forces me to think things that I don’t necessarily want to think.
It pains me to leave Hamo off this list, but as he’s stopped blogging, I have no choice.