What’s Next Around Here?
There are three really stressful aspects to keeping a regular blog. The first is waiting for for people to point out the various typos in what I’ve just posted and the second is when people take offence at something that I thought was pretty innocuous. However, by far the most stressful thing is sitting in front of a blank screen at eight am and trying to work out what on earth I should write about!
Over the next few weeks, I’d like to try and get a bit better organised; who knows? I might even write a few posts in advance. In order to do this, I want to try and create some sort of vague structure to the stuff I write about, something like this.
- Over a year ago, I started a series on “so you want to be a missionary?“, but never finished it. I’d like to pick this up again, but in a more organised fashion.
- I’m also planning a series on issues facing mission agencies. This will revisit a number of themes that I’ve written about over the years, but hopefully in a more coherent fashion. Hopefully, these two series can then be transformed into booklets for electronic publication.
- I also plan to restore the regular Bible and Mission Links section that I used to write. I’ve struggled to keep this going since the demise of Google Reader, but I think I’ve found a solution.
- I’ll do a regular section on quotes from stuff that I’m reading. If I’m really organised, I’ll set these to post on Monday morning’s, so I can start the week with something easy.
- I’ll still do reviews of much of what I read, but I’ll not try to cover everything.
This will form the backbone of Kouyanet for the next few months. Around this central core, we will still write topical posts reacting to events or looking at different aspects of our work in Bible translation and mission promotion.
At some time in the next year there may well be a change in look for the blog, If I get really organised there might even be a new URL.
Anyway, those are my thoughts, but what do you think? Are there any issues that fall broadly into the remit of world mission that you’d like to see us cover that aren’t listed above? Is there something you would like to see more (or less) of? Put your ideas in the comments below (or on Facebook). Ideas are always welcome.
One last thing; thank you to those who bought contributed to the running costs of the blog by buying items from our wishlist over Christmas. I don’t have contact details for everyone, so if I haven’t thanked you personally, please accept this less personal form.